AoC Accountability and Transparency Review Team selections & Evaluation Team

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Thu Feb 18 17:44:53 CET 2010

Hi,

As people probably noticed in the AoC A&T RT (AoC Accountability and Transparency Review Team) there were two roles that need to be selected:

1.  We need to pick someone who will act as a member of the Evaluation Team (ET). This groups is responsible for dealing with any problems with gender of geographic diversity among the GSNO selectees.  We discussed this yesterday during the open NCSG Policy phone call and since someone needed to be ready by today's GNSO Council meeting asked Bill Drake, who is probably the most informed person on this whole process, to be our representative to the ET.    Please let this list know if you see this as a problem.

2. Once there are a few candidates for the AoC A&T RT, we will need to decide on who the candidates are.  The process we discussed during the meetings was that the
    1. names would be announced on the public list
    2. comments on the candidates would be invited
    3. a decision would be made by the NCSG Policy Committee which is composed of the NCSG Council members, the NCSG Executive Committee, and the chair of the NCUC

We also decided that I would send a note to the full list checking to see if this was acceptable.  This is that note.

There was one question of whether the comments would be secret or open. People in the meeting spoke in favor of openness.  People should comment on this issue as well.

Finally there is a need for good candidates for the NCSG-Policy to choose from.  So please consider whether you are an appropriate candidate and consider those who you know who you think might be good and convince them to apply (once the applications procedure is finalized).

Thanks
a.