Proposed Process for GNSO Endorsement of Nominees to the AoC Accountability and Transparency RT

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Fri Feb 19 04:34:33 CET 2010

FYI: GNSO Council Resolution on process for AoC Review Team selections.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen at icann.org>
> Date: February 18, 2010 3:10:59 PM PST
> To: liaison6c <liaison6c at gnso.icann.org>
> Subject: [liaison6c] GNSO Council Resolutions 18 February 2010
>

> Dear All,
>
> Ahead of the official Council minutes, the following resolution was
> passed at the Council meeting on Thursday, 18 February 2010.
>
> Motion on the Proposed Process for GNSO Endorsement of Nominees to
> the AoC Accountability and Transparency RT  as  amended.
>
> WHEREAS, in furtherance of ICANN’s responsibilities under the
> Affirmation of Commitments, applicants are being sought to
> volunteer to serve on the review team for Accountability and
> Transparency <link to http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/
> announcement-03feb10-en.htm >;
>
> WHEREAS, the Accountability and Transparency review team will
> include members endorsed by the GNSO in its efforts;
>
> WHEREAS, the GNSO Council desires to adopt a one-time process to
> provide endorsements for applicants to serve on the first
> Accountability and Transparency review;
>
> NOW THEREFORE, BE IT:
> RESOLVED, that the Endorsement Process described in the attached
> document
> http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/gnso-endorsement-nominees-process-
> proposal-10feb10-en.pdf
> is hereby approved;
>
> RESOLVED FURTHER, that each Stakeholder Group and the GNSO Council
> Nominating Committee appointees should immediately commence their
> selection processes in accordance with the Endorsement Process;
>
> RESOLVED FURTHER, ICANN Staff is directed to post and distribute
> the Endorsement Process as widely as possible to all GNSO related
> groups in an effort to inform qualified applicants of the important
> work of the Accountability and Transparency review team;
>
> RESOLVED FURTHER, the Council shall form an Evaluation Team made up
> of one Councilor from each SG plus one Nominating Committee
> Appointee in its meeting on 18 February to assess the responses and
> report to the Council list not later than 10 March or 14 March;
>
> RESOLVED FURTHER, ICANN Staff is directed to schedule a Special
> Council Teleconference call on 15, 16 or 17 March at a time that
> maximizes Councilor participation for the purpose of finalizing
> GNSO endorsements;
>
> RESOLVED FURTHER, the Affirmation of Commitments Review Drafting
> Team is requested to continue its work to develop a longer-term
> process for Council consideration in April.
>
> The motion passed by a roll call vote.
> 18 Votes in favour
>
> 6 votes in favour Contracted Parties House
> Chuck Gomes, Edmon Chung, Caroline Greer, Stéphane van Gelder, Tim
> Ruiz, Adrian Kinderis.
> Absent: Terry Davis NCA
>
> 12 votes in favour Non Contracted Parties House
> Zahid Jamil, Jaime Wagner, Wolf-Ulrich Knoben, Kristina Rosette,
> David Taylor, Rafik Dammak, Rosemary Sinclair, Debra Hughes, Mary
> Wong, Wendy Seltzer, Bill Drake, and Olga Cavalli.
> [...]

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org