AoC Accountability and Transparency Review Team selections

Mary Wong MWong at PIERCELAW.EDU
Fri Feb 12 00:20:00 CET 2010

Thanks for this, Bill - it's not your fault the process and details are
so arcane and torturous!

I see no reason why the diversity requirements/language should be
struck. It's important - especially as ICANN goes into the first AoC
review phase - to demonstrate both the need for as well as the existence
(as far as possible) of diverse representation in the ICANN community.

Equally I agree that Councillors should not be precluded in principle
from being eligible for a Review Team, for the reasons you stated.

I too would very much welcome members' opinions on the questions/issues
raised by Bill before we go into the Council meeting on the 18th.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law & Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mwong at piercelaw.edu
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.piercelaw.edu/marywong/index.php
Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network
(SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584