Expanding NCUC on-line presence ...

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 2 23:19:58 CEST 2009

Kuerbis<bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org> wrote:
> Thanks for doing this Jorge! Using other platforms to build awareness about
> NCUC is great, particularly when it targets specific communities (e.g.,
> business) who might often have similar viewpoints on policy issues the NCUC
> is addressing in ICANN.

Thanks Brenden, my pleasure. I believe we have to take advantage
of all these social nets and sites to increase our virtual presence
and exposure.

It would be nice if somebody else, just in case a piano lands on
my head, to join me as admin of the group at LinkedIn, it does
not take much effort, I just only verify that the person requesting
to join the group is not a mega-contact collector or a head hunter
looking for leads. Sometimes, not always, I check if that person
is already listed on the NCUC site.

If anyone wants to volunteer and is already member of the
group at LinkedIn just send me a message, one or two more
would be enough.

> Can you incorporate rss feed from the website at http://ncdnhc.org/ into the
> Linked In website, so anyone who visits there has the latest news, etc.? If
> so, here are some feeds:
>
> Blog Posts: http://ncdnhc.org/profiles/blog/feed?xn_auth=no
> Latest Activity: http://ncdnhc.org/activity/log/list?fmt=rss
> List Posts: http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=NCUC-DISCUSS&v=2.0

Will do, I'll check what can be done at LinkedIn and add the
pointers and additional info there.

> Also, we probably want to make it clear on the Linked In site (as well as
> any other social networking platforms, like Facebook) that our official
> membership roster is maintained on http://ncdnhc.org/, and encourage
> individuals and organizations interested in participating in NCUC and
> policy-making activities to register at
> http://ncdnhc.org/main/authorization/signUp?

Good point, yes I agree that we have to maintain our "official" site in
one place, the one we have now works and looks very nice, I'll include
some language encouraging people to join the site.

A bit of humor,

I've been thinking about a secondary acronym for us:

            ICANN TMIC = The Most Ignored Constituency

Cheers
Jorge