DNS Scaling issues

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 28 07:27:47 CET 2009

Indeed, but I have the impression that it was not as clear for some people that
the studies/analysis are not yet complete/conclusive and there is
still work to do.

Another thing and the model from TNO includes something of it, the issue of
creating additional capacity is not only related to hardware/software/pipes
upgrade, some of the processes (given that the root zone has been stable and
growing at a very low pace) do not scale, particularly at IANA, where many
task are still being done almost manually.

As I said before, big mistake from ICANN is that we should have done all
these studies and preparatory work before starting with the DAG.

Imagine having almost 10 years headroom to have the infrastructure ready.

But now the recurrent question I've seen and heard several times, is how
ICANN will select the first 100 new TLDs.

Signing off for the day, have a great evening over there and please make
a toast on my behalf in recognition of Avri for her many years of contribution
as chair of the GNSO.

Cheers
Jorge