OReilly Media on "ICANN without restraints: the difficulties of coordinating stakeholders"

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Sun Oct 4 01:59:15 CEST 2009

That's generally right, Jorge.  ICANN is not a true membership
organization.  Interesting that as a nonproft organization, ICANN is
not allowed to make any profit for its board members.  However, ICANN
contracts are the only reason some businesses are in operation
today.  So it is ironic that ICANN is not allowed to make money for
its managers (board), but it is largely responsible for doling out
giant contracts to other businesses so they can make a giant
profit.   Thus ICANN is a nonprofit, that makes a lot of profit for a
lot of people.  And this is why ICANN is crawling with lobbyists and
attorneys for hire to get a policy advantage for a particular
economic interest.

Robin

w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org