Mormons demand ICANN plugs net smut hole

Charles Knutson cdknutson at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 19 17:30:14 CET 2009

Point well taken, in the sense that our personal belief systems
influence our values, and hence our positions on issues such as
"safety".

Independent of that, there's no appropriate place for ad hominem
attacks of the nature of, "A polygamic sect enters the scene ..."
That sort of language is unprofessional and damaging to intelligent
discourse.

Even as we recognize that our belief systems inform our values, it's
important that we respect the belief systems of others, even if we
don't understand or agree with them.
Chuck
Charles D. Knutson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Computer Science Dept.
Brigham Young University
www.charlesknutson.net
www.internetsafetypodcast.com