New domain name .ngo would be for charities only

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Thu Jul 30 14:26:49 CEST 2009

If it were open to any non-profit, they would have to devise a unique
way to identify applicants as non-profit -- how to do this for 200+
countries and keep the process simple? PIR/ISOC escaped this by
continuing the existing policy for .org at the time they won the bid
(just let anyone in).

frt rgds

--c.a.