Question about NCSG

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Thu Aug 13 21:56:21 CEST 2009

hi,

Actually, have they delivered the board approved charter to the group
yet?

In reading over the draft that was out for comment (the comments that
were ignored), I find that they put no provision in for electing an SG
Council representatives because that privilege was left up to the
Board (5.0).  But it ignores the possibility that one of the seats
becomes vacant because a term ends.

Actually they do make provision for the Executive Committee (EC) of
the SG to appoint someone to fill one of the seat if it is vacated
(3.2.4, though it refers to a 5.1 that is missing).

BTW, anyone notice that in the case of fewer then 4 constituencies in
the EC, each constituency only gets 2 EC seats.  So with only one
constituency, the EC is 2 people.

Anyway, as far as I can tell - it the NCUC were to live with it - at
some point the NCUC needs to appoint 2 people to the EC (one of who
will be SG chair and the other SG v-chair) and they need to pick
Carlos' replacement.

This charter really is an absurd idiotic mess.  Maybe the version they
approved has fewer holes.

As an alternative, I believe that were the NCUC to hold an election to
replace Carlos before the new By-laws were approved then that person
would be seated as an SG representative once the by-laws were approved.

a.