24 August Comment Deadline: Bylaw Amendments Related to Restructuring of the GNSO

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Tue Aug 18 16:46:22 CEST 2009

On 18 Aug 2009, at 10:24, Adam Peake wrote:

> ust think that had the offer been made earlier it would have been
> more difficult for the manipulation you're concerned about to
> happen. There might have been a real opportunity for those
> interested to do some outreach, not handing out cash to anyone who
> asked, but a "community" effort. Now it will be staff led.

I do not see any reason to allow it to be 'staff lead.'  at least not
without getting in their face every time they do something that
deviates from bottom-up processes.  This should be one of the things
that the NCSG works  on once it is formed - to remove the control from
staff of process that should be bottom-up.  ICANN must be made to live
up to its hype. And new constituencies must spring from genuine
communities - not Policy Staff created assemblages.

a.