Reminder: NCUC Monthly Meeting: Tuesday 11 August 15:00-17:00 UTC

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Mon Aug 10 20:29:11 CEST 2009

Dear all,

priorities, we'll plan to spend a total of 5 minutes on the first 5
items below so we can get right to the heart of the issue concerning
us these days, which is the tragedy of the Noncommercial Stakeholder
Group Charter and how to respond (#6 below).

Note: We need volunteers to take running notes of meeting discussion
please.

Thank you.  I hope you will all join in the call and participate in
the discussion.

Best,
Robin

11 AUGUST 2009 NCUC Monthly Constituency Meeting

Scheduled for: Tuesday 11 August 2009 from 15:00 - 17:00 UTC

To be held via Elluminate online meeting software.

Join NCUC’s NING website to get the link to participate in online
meeting:
             http://icann-ncuc.ning.com/main/authorization/signUp?

Other Time Zones:
08:00 - 10:00 - California
11:00 - 13:00 -  New York
12:00 - 14:00 - Sao Paulo
15:00 - 17:00 - UTC / Greenwich
16:00 -18:00 - London
17:00 - 19:00 - Geneva / Tunis
18:00 - 20:00 - Alexandria / Nairobi
19:30 - 21:30 - Tehran
22:00 - 24:00 - Phnom Pehn
23:00 - 01:00 - Singapore / Hong Kong

Draft Discussion Agenda

I.  Constituency Business

1.  Membership Growth and Continued Membership Drive

NCUC's membership has reached 139 members from 48 different
countries, including 74 noncommercial organizations and 65
individuals.  This represents a 210% increase in membership since 2008.

2.  Join NING Website for NCUC policy development
             http://icann-ncuc.ning.com/main/authorization/signUp?

3.  Join an NCUC Committee or GNSO Working Group
             http://ncdnhc.org/groups

4.  Next NCUC Monthly Meeting: 22 September 2009 – “One Web Day”

5.  Planning for next ICANN Meeting in Seoul, Korea 25 – 30 October 2009
             a.  Outreach to local noncommercial groups
             b.  Consider policy presentation / panel
             c.  Meeting with ICANN Board in person
             d.  Local press media outreach

6.  Tragedy of the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG) Petition
and How to Respond
             Reject ICANN drafted charter?  Ask for reconsideration
of board decision?  File Ombudsman complaint?

II.  Substantive GNSO Policy Issues

1.  GNSO Structuring
Proposed amended GNSO Bylaws Related to GNSO Restructuring
Comment Period ends 24 August
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/public-
comment-200908.html#gnso-restructure

2.  New gtlds policy – Draft Applicant Guidebook
a.  IRT Report response discussion

3.  “Vertical Integration” Issue & Registrar–Registry Separation

4.  Registrant Rights Charter Working Group - We need volunteers

5.  Modification of UDRP Rules
WIPO Proposal & Comment Period Ends 12 August
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#udrp

6.  Registration Abuse Working Group – We need volunteers

7.  Institutional Confidence (Or Lack Thereof)
Proposed Bylaw changes to improve accountability - Comment Period
ends 25 Sept.

8.  Geographic Regions Initial Report Comment Period ends 4 Sept.
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#geo-regions-review

9.  Update on other GNSO teams (Fast Flux, Post-Expiration Domain
Names, whois, IDNs, RAA)

10.  Any Other Business?

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org

w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org