Volunteers Needed for GNSO Policy Development Process

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Apr 1 05:19:38 CEST 2009

Dear NCUC Members:

We very much need your help representing NCUC on GNSO policy
development initiatives.

Several very important ICANN policy issues (including GNSO
restructuring efforts and registration abuse policies) currently have
no participation from NCUC in the ICANN group working on the issue.
(See below for details.)  Without representation in the various GNSO
working groups and drafting teams we cannot ensure that non-
commercial interests are best protected in the policy development
process at ICANN.  It does not matter if you have no previous
experience with ICANN policy development processes -- none of us did
the first time we volunteered to represent NCUC in one of these
groups!  :-)

So please let me know if you are interested in participating in any
of the below groups/teams that desperately need volunteers.  We also
need "alternates" for most teams below and are not limited to a
single person from the constituency in most groups.    It is not much
work to participate in one policy development group, so, especially
for those who have not yet volunteered, I hope you will consider
doing so now.  You can also talk to the NCUC GNSO Councilors (Carlos,
Mary and Bill) for more information about these groups/teams and how
you can participate on any of them.

Thank you!!

Robin

NCUC Representation in Current GNSO Working Groups, Committees, Teams

I.  ISSUE:  GNSO “Improvements”

1.  Policy Process Steering Committee
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?
policy_process_steering_committee_ppsc

NCUC: Konstantinos Komaitis, Gabriel Piniero (alternate)

PPSC Work Teams

A. Working Group (WG) Team

Develop a proposal for a new Working Group model

NCUC: Konstantinos Komaitis

B.  PDP Team

Policy Development Process Team

NCUC: Gabriel Piniero

2.  Operations Steering Committee
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?
operations_steering_committee_osc

NCUC: Robin Gross

OSC Work Teams

A.  GNSO Operations Team (GOT)

Develop a proposal for Council consideration on GNSO operations
related recommendations.

https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team

NCUC: Robin Gross

B.    Constituency Operations Team (COT)

Develop a proposal to implement recommendations focused on enhancing
constituency and stakeholder group operations.

https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?
constituency_operations_team

NCUC: Rafik Dammak

C.    Communications and Coordination Team (CCT)

Develop a proposal for Council consideration on GNSO operations
related recommendations.

NCUC: NEED VOLUNTEER

II.  Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Drafting Team

NCUC: NEED VOLUNTEER

III.  Registration Abuse Policy Working Group

https://st.icann.org/reg-abuse-wg/index.cgi?
registration_abuse_policies_working_group

NCUC: NEED VOLUNTEER BADLY!

IV. WHOIS Drafting Team
Mailing List: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-whois-dt/

NCUC: Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza

V.  Travel Policy Drafting Team
Mailing List: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-travel-dt/

NCUC: Norbert Klein

VI.  Fast-Flux Working Group
https://st.icann.org/pdp-wg-ff/index.cgi?fast_flux_pdp_wg

NCUC: NEED VOLUNTEER

VII.  Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part A PDP
  https://st.icann.org/irtp_jun08_pdp-wg/index.cgi?
irtp_part_a_pdp_wg_pdp_jun08

NCUC: NEED VOLUNTEER

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org