NCUC policy wish list?

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Jun 23 13:50:04 CEST 2008

Yes, all of those would be good commitments.

I would like to see the FoE thing as undiluted as possible, and not part
of what our opponents might dismiss as a grab bag. Although of course
ICANN should follow due process, it might claim that its bylaws already
commit it to that. On privacy, we risk re-raising the Whois debate. But,
lets discuss

________________________________

From: Non-Commercial User Constituency
[mailto:NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Robin Gross
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:51 PM
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC policy wish list?

Milton,

Thanks for the suggestion - it is terrific.  I wonder if we could expand
the principle to include other human rights like privacy and due process
of law?   (or maybe that is asking too much from ICANN?)

Yes, the "blue board" was primarily the wishes of the the triad with a
couple issues thrown in by the contracting parties in retaliation to the
triad's wish list.  I said NCUC would be adding issues to the list after
our mtg on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Robin