GNSO Council Meeting 18 December

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Dec 17 22:11:29 CET 2008

Bill,

On the Post-Expiry Domain Name Recovery issue, I don't think it
matters too much whether the PDP vote happens on 8 Jan or 29 Jan.
And further clarification on the specified issues would probably be
helpful, although I don't know the specifics (or if it is just to
cause delay).

On the "Registration Abuse" issue, I would recommend not voting in
favor of any of those motions.  So often pet projects of a
constituency become a PDP by shear persistence of constantly putting
it on the agenda and counselors mistakenly think they have to vote
"yes" to initiate every PDP or WG that comes along.  But more often
then not, and when in doubt on how to vote, vote NO to initiate a new
ICANN policy because more often than not it just a special interest
package or non-technical policymaking.  That's my experience at least.

Best,
Robin

w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org