updated domain name tasting constituency statement

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Tue Apr 1 22:18:28 CEST 2008

Hi Danny,

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.  Are you suggesting
that NCUC should not comment on the pending motion?   There will be a
council vote on the motion on 17 April.

I don't agree that design team failed to put forward a valid motion.
Now is the time for the public comment, debate, and discussion on the
proposal.  If the motion should be to do something else, now is the
time to say so.  And I am listening.

Thanks,
Robin

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Danny Younger wrote:

> Hello Robin,
>
> There is a lively debate underway on the General
> Assembly discussion list regarding an option that has
> previously been raised by many in the public realm
> --the complete elimination of the Add Grace Period.
>
> As you are aware, the GNSO team that put forward the
> current motion did not publicly discuss, debate or
> otherwise consider this particular option in their
> mailing list discussions.
>
> You will also recall that the Report of the Ad Hoc
> Group on Domain Tasting stated:  "A change to the
> status quo in the AGP, including the potential
> elimination of the AGP, is considered as one of the
> potential remedies to domain tasting."
>
> As I am of the view that all options (and their
> respective pros and cons) should be evaluated prior to
> arriving at a formal constituency statement, I would
> ask you to delay ratification of the NCUC Statement
> until such time as the debate on this topic has
> properly run its course.
>
> best wishes,
> Danny

> Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org