Urgent: your response needed

Alan Levin alan at AFRIDNS.ORG
Thu Sep 20 10:25:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 18 Sep 2007, at 5:43 PM, Norbert Klein wrote:
> It is very clear in privacy protection in some countries of Europe
> (maybe also in others, I do not know) where the protection of
> privacy is
> a right - not a privilege for which you have to pay - whether once per
> address or whatever times.

Thanks Norbert for this.  There are resellers that do not charge
extra for this service.  It is basically a differentiator, ie a way
for the reseller to get more customers at no additional cost to the
customer.

On 18 Sep 2007, at 5:07 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:
> It IS: do you agree or disagree with the resolution (proposed by
> Ross Rader of the registrar constituency) which recognizes that
> there is no consensus on the Whois privacy tradeoff now and calls
> for the existing contractual conditions to expire until a consensus
> policy is negotiated.

Please point me to this resolution. I looked for 15 minutes and then
gave up.

thanks,

Alan

--