Urgent: your response needed

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Tue Sep 18 17:43:27 CEST 2007

Alan, I also wanted to write to you.

It is very clear in privacy protection in some countries of Europe
(maybe also in others, I do not know) where the protection of privacy is
a right - not a privilege for which you have to pay - whether once per
address or whatever times.

I was also really shocked during a coffee break conversation when a US
citizen said - seriously! - if European laws make things difficult,
European law should be changed.

So much just as a brief comment. The discussion about WHOIS - I think I
made my first posting on it around the Shanghai ICANN meeting - 2000? -
and it is dragging on because two different worlds seem to confront each
other. I cannot give up our position that some of the ICANN plans are
just illegal in a number of countries. There are business interest
confronting legally established privacy protection. The security and
other abuse concerns can be handled also without  public access to
private addresses  - abusers are faking addresses anyway.

So much for now.

Norbert

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia,
please visit us regularly - you can find something new every day:

http://cambodiamirror.wordpress.com