Tentative NCUC Agenda for LA meeting

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 9 18:06:56 CEST 2007

Agenda item:

(1) In view of the fact that the RegisterFly debacle
impacted noncommercial entities (such as the Easter
Seals charity), and in view of the fact that since
March there has been a call for comments on revisions
to the Registrar Accreditation Agreement, I would deem
it appropriate for the NCUC to offer up a set of
solutions designed to better protect the registrant
community. Perhaps we could also invite Registrar
Liaison Manager Mike Zupke to discuss Registrar
Failover Plans.

(2) Hopefully by the time that we meet in LA, the NCUC
will have helped to crush the draft IGO Domain Names
Dispute/Resolution Procedure.  If not, it should be on
the agenda.

(3) The activities of the President's Strategy
Committee need to be monitored especially with regard
to plans that deal with ICANN's "Legal status and
identity".  I would recommend receiving an update from
that committee.

(4) Policy discussions need to be held on the best way
to deal with the Domain Tasting Issue that will
doubtless become the subject of a PDP.

(5) By the time that the LA session commences we will
likely have received the next iteration of the Board
Governance Committee's Working Group on GNSO
Improvements.  We should invite Committee members to
discuss the impact of any proposed changes on the
NCUC.

regards,
Danny