Single Letter Reserved Names

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 1 23:39:30 CET 2007

Danny,

Thanks for alerting me on this. I must say, though, that I can't
afford to be concerned every time NCUC lack volunteers to participate
in a WG or sub-group (I would've been multi-sick and lost half of my
weight by now.) Not even when the result is that a sub-group is
filled of BC members that have "aggressively promoted" a specific
outcome. When the report will be released, NCUC can make their view
known, if any. Better yet, they could massively volunteer to be part
of the WGs and Sub-groups in order to participate in shaping the
outcome. (I know you, Danny, have given your share of time and energy
in those WGs.)

Further, when the report of the whole WG comes out at the council
level, NCUC have three reps there. If we all attend the Council
conference calls, no matter our geographical locations (that are not
so much more distributed than those of the other constituencies'
reps,) then we could make the NCUC's voice heard (note: proxies are
no longer accepted for those not present on the calls.) But I'd
advise that we be concerned with getting our language in at the
drafting phase of the recommendations. The late draftings are painful
for everyone, and at the end we are reduced to voting against, but
then more often on the minority side than on the majority one.

And if you really want to know my mind while I'm at it, I'm more
concerned that BC (and any other constituency, for that matter,) make
sure they open up to businesses (or relevant constituents) from East
Europ, Asia and Africa when these knock at the door. And if those
diverse new comers want to step in and speak for themselves and their
interests, great! Conversely, if they just want to sit in and listen
and watch the others populate the WGs, etc. and shape the decisions,
it's also fine by me; maybe they will be learning something out of
it.

Last, which should have been first, please join me to welcome
Victoria McEvedy to our world, and wish her a lot of perseverance.
Victoria, please feel free to ask any question, privately (to any one
of us) or on this list as you see fit, about the WG processes that I
know you've already joined or the GNSO constituencies, including this
one.

Best regards,

Mawaki