Recent Actions By Go Daddy

Harold Feld hfeld at MEDIAACCESS.ORG
Fri Jan 26 16:53:30 CET 2007

I would like to draw attention to the recent actions of the Go Daddy
registrar in its decision to pull a .org domain name at the request of
social networking site myspace.com because a third party had placed on
the site a list of passwords and accounts of myspace users.
http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-6153607.html

This strikes me as a serious abuse of power by a registrar, and should
alarm the users of this constituency.  If registrars can exercise such
unrestrained authority over registrants, then no controversial speaker
is safe.

If there is not already a procedure for addressing this, I would
strongly urge this constituency to take appropriate action.

Harold Feld