NCUC Policy Discussion Document

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Oct 19 18:13:36 CEST 2006

These are valuable clarifications, Danny can you work it into the
revisions?

>>> Adam Peake <ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP> 10/19/2006 8:40 AM >>>

OK, then I am likely misunderstanding the meaning of "presumption",
the difference between

1/ by default we accept your doing what you said you would unless it
is contested by a third party.
and,
2/ we will put in checks and balance to ensure you're doing what you
said you'd do.

The first is what I thought "presumptive renewal" meant in practise.
And as this is ICANN I much prefer the second which has more active
safeguards.

However, if this is agreed NCUC policy then so be it. My comments are
too late -- never mind.

Thanks,

Adam