Fwd: GNSO Review - Non-Commercial Users Constituency

Iliya Nickelt iliya at GMX.DE
Thu Mar 2 18:03:18 CET 2006

On 1 Mar 2006 at 15:20, Robert Guerra wrote:
> Kind of strange that you'd get this before ICANN informs you of the
> fact.  Thus, i'd suggest due diligence and ask them for a couple of
> things before proceeding in any way.

I remember having read an ICANN announcement that the (long prepared)
review had finally started and given to LSE (no time to search for
reference right now, maybe GNSO announce list?). But it should be easy to
find. So I guess they are officially enthroned by whomever the Byzantine
ICANN structures deemed responsible.

As our member list is openly available at ncdnhc.org with the
representatives given, you could probably regoogle most of the addresses
in no time. Personally I see no reason to object to the request.
About privacy: They should be bound to the usual EU data restrictions,
i.e. be disallowed to use the addresses for any than the stated purpose,
have to delete them in due time, etc. The British are not really the most
progressive EU member state in that respect (nor in other issues ;-)),
but I don't think the LSE will sell our addresses to spammers. ("Get your
.coop domain name now! A whole new world of possibilities!")

	--iliya