vote delay?

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Tue Jun 20 09:51:46 CEST 2006

><<I had a quite nice response from Philip (which I will share when I will
>also have a response from Rita (if she responds). I am still scared from
>the IP and legal environment of Rita.
>  >>

>There are so many things to think about -- some are leaning towards
>Rita; others toward Philip.  Frankly, I think we do not have enough
>information... and we are all working so hard to get to the meeting.
>Why not wait until we can meet F2F to talk with our NCUC members and
>the candidates --- at least we could ask for the extension (hardly
>the first extension of a Council deadline :-)).

I really don't see the point in asking.  Other constituencies will
likely see it as wasting time (and ask why we didn't ask our
questions during the period for asking questions...). It will prevent
someone from taking up their seat for the Marrakech meeting which
would put them at a disadvantage for months.

If our council reps have any doubts about who to vote for then make a
decision based on candidate's past positions, have they been for and
against NCUC positions in the past:
Phil Sheppard has a long and distinguished record of service to the
GNSO: has he been consistently pro or anti positions of this
constituency?
Rita Rodin's record is perhaps less well known, but I believe some
NCUC members have worked with her on a few committees, no?  And her
answers to the questions both written on the MP3 transcript, in
balance where is she in terms of pro/anti NCUC positions?

I don't follow the GNSO closely enough to be sure, but I favor Rita.

Adam