NCUC Submission to IGF on WHOIS Privacy

Alan Levin alan at AFRIDNS.ORG
Fri Aug 4 16:41:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 04 Aug 2006, at 1:58 PM, Adam Peake wrote:

> I don't disagree with the content, but before sending out
> statements in the constituency's name, could we be given chance to
> read it first. Or at least agree to a statement being sent.

With respect to all the authors, as mentioned in my email July 4, I
do disagree with this position. I also mentioned some of the reasons
why and my sense of the document is that it fails to acknowledge the
free market opportunity for registrars and resellers to offer privacy
services to registrants.
I sense that this unfortunately degrades much of the logic in the
argument put forward in most of the document.

Sincerely,

Alan