Fwd: ICANN Strategic Planning Consultation in Luxembourg

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Fri Jul 1 21:26:21 CEST 2005

ICANN seems to be putting into place a rather elaborate consultation
process for its 2006-2010 Strategic Plan. For those of you with the
patience and interest, I forward the message below.

>>> "Kurt Pritz" <pritz at icann.org> 06/30/05 8:26 PM >>>
Dear Milton:

I am writing to seek the involvement of the NCUC constituency in the
initial
consultation for the development of the July 2006 - June 2010 strategic
plan
will take place at the ICANN meeting in Luxembourg.

Early in the meeting there will be a general session that picks up,
summarizes and updates issues started with the present draft strategic
plan,
the Mar del Plata meeting, and the questions that will form the basis
for
discussion during the workshops described below.  This session will
include
panellists from Supporting Organizations and other constituencies and
will
be led by members of the Board.

During the course of the meeting, a number of general sessions will
take
place to allow individuals to make contributions.  These sessions will
take
place in a number of languages (probably English, Spanish, French,
German,
Chinese and Arabic) with each session being run in one language.

We are also hoping to organize sessions with supporting organizations,
advisory committees and constituency groups during the course of the
meeting.  It is in this area where we particularly seek your support.
These
sessions will allow groups to discuss the issues and provide input at
the
beginning of the planning process.  To maximise the efficiency and
effectiveness of the process, we are proposing to run these sessions
as
facilitated workshops using groupware that allows up to 25 people to
contribute ideas at the one time, and then to discuss the issues that
emerge.  Each session will be programmed for 90 minutes.  There will be
list of questions posted on the website next week so that participants
have
time to consider issues before they arrive in Luxembourg.  We will also
be
happy to work with you to tailor a set of questions that are most
suitable
for your group.

Patrick Sharry, the consultant who is working with us on the strategic
planning process, will be in touch with you in the next few days to
discuss
this proposal and to finalize arrangements for Luxembourg.

We are undertaking this process because we are hoping to establish a
strategic dialogue that can be further developed as the planning cycle
continues.  I look forward to your participation in the initial
consultation
and to the contribution from your constituency to the planning
process.

Sincerely,

Kurt

Kurt Pritz