Soccer Tournament in Mar del Plata

Harold Feld hfeld at MEDIAACCESS.ORG
Wed Jan 5 15:52:54 CET 2005

I'm sorry, this is just too funny for me.

In American football, the cartoonist Charles Schultz in his comic strip
"Peanuts" had a recurring theme where a character named Lucy would pretend
to hold the football while another character named Charlie Brown would run
to kick it.  Each time, Lucy would pull away the football at the last
second and Charlie Brown would land with a thump on his back.  Each time
Lucy offered to let Charlie Brown kick the football, she would have some
convincing explanation why _this_ time would be different and how _this_
time Charlie Brown would actually get to kick the football.  And every
time, when Charlie Brown had talked himself into participating against his
better judgement, Lucy would pull away the football.

I am glad to see the ALAC is heir to a great football tradition, even if it
is not American football.

Harold Feld