New Executive Committee member

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Fri Aug 12 06:15:13 CEST 2005

Under our charter the Chair is able to replace an Executive Committee
member who fails to show up for any meetings or participate in any
decisions. After consulting with the other Executive Committee members,
three of us have agreed to replace the current Latin American EC member
with Marcelo Fernandes of Brazil. (The others did not respond)

Marcelo is on the Board of the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee.
He has now attended two ICANN meetings in a row and promises to play an
active role in our decisions and in our support. This appointment is
rather temporary, as we will be holding elections in only two months.
But we will need lots of help during those elections.

Welcome to the Executive Committee, Marcelo!

Dr. Milton Mueller
http://www.digital-convergence.org
http://www.internetgovernance.org