Public Comment on .Net reassignment solicited

Marc Schneiders marc at SCHNEIDERS.ORG
Mon May 31 17:09:06 CEST 2004

I was a bit surprised by the publication of the report. There is a
teleconference tomorrow of the subcommittee... I thought we were going
to approve it then, though the chair, Philip Sheppard, asked our
comment end last week, and I told him, things were fine with me.
Anyway, I do support the report. The only issue that I see:

What is the decisive criterium for awarding .net to a bidder? I've
argued for price (all other things being equal or similar, like
'stability' etc.). I think this ended up pretty good in the text.