NomComm alternate member selection procedures

valerie gordon vgordon at JSDNP.ORG.JM
Tue May 11 19:33:11 CEST 2004

I have no objection to having more formal procedures for alternatives
included in the revised constitution.

Regards

Valerie

Valerie Gordon
Coordinator, JSDN

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Chiu <CCHIU at ACLU.ORG>
To: <NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 7:45 AM
Subject: [NCUC-DISCUSS] NomComm alternate member selection procedures

> >But we have a charter for procedures and this seem to me to be
> >something that needs to be discussed and added as an amendment?
>
> There was discussion among Executive Committee members as to whether there
needs to be a formal procedure for selecting alternate representatives for
NomComm. On the one hand, our charter does seem to give the Exec Comm enough
power to choose such alternates, but there are some potential benefits to
having a more formal procedure. This is an issue where I encourage the
constituency to express its views either way. If we do feel it is necessary
to create new procedures, these could be included in Iliya's impending
revisions to the charter, which are based on past comments aired on this
list.