NomComm alternate member selection procedures

Chris Chiu CCHIU at ACLU.ORG
Tue May 11 16:45:50 CEST 2004

>But we have a charter for procedures and this seem to me to be
>something that needs to be discussed and added as an amendment?

There was discussion among Executive Committee members as to whether there needs to be a formal procedure for selecting alternate representatives for NomComm. On the one hand, our charter does seem to give the Exec Comm enough power to choose such alternates, but there are some potential benefits to having a more formal procedure. This is an issue where I encourage the constituency to express its views either way. If we do feel it is necessary to create new procedures, these could be included in Iliya's impending revisions to the charter, which are based on past comments aired on this list.

Does this sound reasonable to everyone?

Sincerely,
Christopher Chiu
Technology Policy Analyst