Comment today,please: Proposed final statementon gTLDservice changes

Marc Schneiders marc at SCHNEIDERS.ORG
Tue Jan 13 16:59:48 CET 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, at 10:48 [=GMT-0500], Milton Mueller wrote:

> This is a generalized policy issue. The PDP will determine
> how ICANN deals with ALL registries. At this stage we
> are supposed to be dealing with general principles,
> not specific incidents.

The incident is a clear example to clarify a general statement. If you
have a better one, please let me know. I think it is good to keep an
eye on what the new procedures are trying to accomplish/avoid. If not
we are talking bureaucracy.

Suggestions as to how to deal with a systematically totally
irresponsive PIR are also appreciated. I am not going to type the
whole past history again. It was on this list. E.g.

http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0309&L=ncuc-discuss&F=&S=&P=5800