PIR & .org IDNs

Harold Feld hfeld at MEDIAACCESS.ORG
Tue Jan 13 19:59:22 CET 2004

Marc,
It sometimes takes organizations awhile to respond, particularly if they
are responding to you as a consticuency leader not a registrant.

I think it is better to assume good faith as an initial matter.  Once a
dialog commences, the lag time for response is certainly something to
bring up.

PIR has generally tried to be a good actor in the space, as far as I can
tell.  There are several very reliable public interest advocates
involved on its board and its advisory board, as well as an official
designated representative from the consticuency to the advisory board.
 Rather than transfer anger from VRSN to PIR, I think we should give
them a little longer to reply.

Harold