Fwd: Outrage at verisign/network solutions over wildcards

Horacio T. Cadiz hcadiz at PH.NET
Mon Sep 22 06:38:52 CEST 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Marc Schneiders wrote:

> What I find most disturbing is that Verisign can simply change the
> behaviour of the DNS without advance notice or discussing it with
> anyone outside.

   Our PH ccTLD Administrator has been doing this for the
past two years over the objection of the Philippine Internet
community.  There is just nothing we can do because he is the
administrator of the ccTLD and there is no mechanism in ICANN
to regulate such behavior except for outright redelegation.