Proposed ToR for Task Force 2

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Sep 25 14:28:07 CEST 2003

>>> Norbert Klein <nhklein at GMX.NET> 09/23/03 11:15PM >>>
>She was very
>strong in her statement, and clear that ICANN/WHOIS has to respect
>these. And a US panelist then said: "Well, if their legislation is not
>compatible, it will have to change!" Remember?

I do not recall this statement, but there are certainly people
in the US who think that way. Therefore, it is good that Bruce
Tonkin's original language removes law enforcement access from
the scope of the TF. Otherwise the TF may get bogged down in
legislative activity regarding who is law enforcement and how
they get access.