New registry services (Jisuk,Carlos,Marc - please note)

Horacio T. Cadiz hcadiz at PH.NET
Sat Nov 8 07:32:39 CET 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Marc Schneiders wrote:

> It is not that I refuse to see the point. What I refuse is to be
> tricked into agreeing to a set of leading questions (in lieu of a
> proper problem description), based on an incident that has only
> vaguely to do with the issue of the PDP. The conclusion of the whole
> thing should be that Verisign tricked us into a topic that has nothing
> to do with Sitefinder, because it is _not_ a new service, but an abuse
> of an old service.
>
> This whole text is of the level of "Why did you beat your wife?".

   I agree with Marc here that ICANN seems to be justifying a new set of
services based on an erroneous issue.

   A question for Marc though.  Even if Sitefinder is *NOT* a new service,
shouldn't we still be talking about how new services should be phased in?