[ncdnhc-discuss] transfers tk

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Wed Sep 25 07:16:38 CEST 2002

DannyYounger at cs.com wrote:

> On 2 August, Jamie sent a note to this list requesting that someone be
> appointed in his place to serve on the Transfers Task Force.  Seven weeks
> later Jamie again finds it necessary to reiterate his request to be allowed
> to resign from the TF.  This should be a clear signal to all of you that a
> major problem exists within this constituency and that your AdCom is clearly
> not doing the job that they were elected to do.
>
> I would think that most of you would be embarrassed by the fact that your own
> constituency website hasn't been updated since before Accra, that one can't
> even find either a list of your current Adcom members posted there or a list
> of your current paid-up organizational members, and that no recent Adcom
> teleconference minutes have been posted.
-
I am afraid that situation is worst than that.
The website has not been updated since the previous election for the new adcom.
I repeatedly pointed out this to adcom without much success.
I am not even sure that there were any adcom teleconference held by the
new adcom.
-

> As an organization whose members are known for their penchant for criticizing
> ICANN reform, you seem to have done very little to clean up your own act and
> have apparently managed to allow your own constituency to fall into a state
> of total disarray and neglect.  At the upcoming Names Council teleconference
> you will be asked regarding your plans to come into compliance with your
> financial obligations relative to the DNSO.  What progress has been made on
> this issue?  As usual, these matters haven't even been discussed with the
> membership, and it's doubtful whether you even have a viable constituency any
> longer.
-
Did you notice any constituency discussion since February?
-

> The Blueprint recognized the need to retire constituencies when they are no
> longer viable.  Ask yourselves if this constituency can continue to justify
> its existence -- you certainly can't even pay your own bills.  You started
> out with almost two hundred member organizations -- how many now are current
> with their dues?  How many members have you lost, and why have you lost so
> many members?  More importantly, what are you doing about it?
>
> How many remaining members actually participate in discussions of
> DNSO-related topics?  What was the position of this constituency on the WHOIS
> report?  Has the constituency even discussed the current Transfers TF report?
>  Where was the position paper of this constituency on the ICANN reform?
> Every other constituency sent an official constituency communique to the
> ERC's Forum -- yours did not.  Why didn't your leadership articulate such a
> constituency position?
>
> Reforming ICANN also means reforming each of its subordinate entities.  You
> might want to start thinking about how you intend to reform your own
> constituency.
-
Dany agrees with Danny!

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE