[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: Re[2]: PROPOSED RESOLUTION #2: NEUTRALITY OF STAFF AND COUN...

kent at songbird.com kent at songbird.com
Tue Oct 15 02:50:08 CEST 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 08:23:46PM -0400, KathrynKL at aol.com wrote:

>    I  am  happy  to  explain.   The  ICANN  Conflicts  of Interest Policy
>    includes  definitions  of "Interested Director," "Interested Officer,"
>    and  "Interested Person."   However, the rest of the policy goes on to
>    set  duties  to  disclose and abstain, procedures regarding conflicts,
>    and committee review *only for directors and officers.*
>    There are no duties, no procedures, and no standards for senior policy
>    and  staff.  So there is no policy prescribed for them (do a search on
>    "interested person" across the policy document you cited).

Sorry, you are incorrect.

Section 7 is the meat of the entire policy:

  7. Procedures in Connection with Proposed Transactions and Arrangements

  7.1 Scope.  This section applies to any proposed transaction,
  contract, or arrangement in which a Director, Officer, or Interested
  Person has a material financial interest.