[ncdnhc-discuss] Proposed Resolution

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Thu Oct 3 17:27:15 CEST 2002

At 10:07 AM 10/3/2002 -0400, Harold J. Feld wrote:
>>What is that diversity?
>
>Included but not limited to: institutes of higher learning (colleges,
>universities, etc.), public advocacy groups, public charities,
>recreational clubs.
>
>I have received complaints that the public advocacy agenda dominates and
>those with other concerns are excluded from discussion and cannot
>participate meaningfully.

What is the record of their trying to?  In other words, where are these
folks?  This activity has been going on for a long time.  Why have they not
been heard from more generally?

>   This would permit those identifiable communities to self-organize and
> contribute to the ICANN process in a manner in which they feel most
> comfortable.
>>What should the other non-commercial constituencies be?
>They should self-organize in accordance with the ICANN process.

Self-organizing requires self-action.  It does not require a resolution to
give it permission.  Why have these folks made no visible effort so far?

>>What is the basis for recommending that they have differential interests,
>>warranting different constituency groups?
>
>Complaints I have heard from those who feel that the current NCDNHC does
>not suit their needs.

Who else has heard these complaints.  It seems unlikely that any issue,
that is substantial enough to warrant solution by forming a constituency,
is going to be expressed to only one person.

d/