[ncdnhc-discuss] New TLDs - plan for more

Marc Schneiders marc at fuchsia.bijt.net
Fri Nov 1 21:26:25 CET 2002

Milton,

The point is, that having done a bad thing, is worse than contemplating
it. At least in my ethics. I do not go as far as blaming the US for the
mess (monopoly, cartel, lack of everything that smells of user input), but
it doesn't help to tell us, that there are Europeans (or people on
Antarctica), who would like to do the same. They haven't done it yet, so
we cannot repair the damage there. There is none yet. I suggest we repair
the damage that already exists. It is very much centered in the United
States of America. I am not saying that something like ICANN and friends
could not happen in the European Union. The fact is, it hasn't. So the
burden is upon you over there. I am sorry.

Marc