[ncdnhc-discuss] Board retreats and fully transparent process for ICANN

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue May 28 04:00:09 CEST 2002

At 09:16 PM 5/27/2002 -0400, KathrynKL at aol.com wrote:
>Courts, trials,

And they are permitted closed meetings.

>Congress,

And they are permitted closed meetings.

>  City halls, Shareholder meetings, the Federal Communications Commission,
> the North American Numbering Council and that's just the short list off
> the top of my head.

and they are permitted closed meetings.

You folks are complaining that there are ANY closed ICANN board meetings.

Hence it is not very useful to cite organizations that have some open and
some closed meetings... just like ICANN!

So again:  where are the examples of similar very large scale
administration and operations activities.

Really, is it so difficult to focus on the reality of ICANN?

>Open and Transparent was what we requested and what we received in the
>White Paper and the By-laws of ICANN.

Indeed.  And were anyone to pay attention to actual history, ICANN is
vastly more open and transparent than any equivalent activity in history.

So rather than trying to constantly demand an ideal of perfection that is
entirely unrelated to practical experience, how about participating with a
tone of reason and balance?

This is not a theoretical exercise in ideals, folks.

It is a continuing operation for an essential global infrastructure service.

d/