Time to stop playing (Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Board conflict of interest on .org)

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri May 17 21:27:59 CEST 2002

At 09:12 PM 5/17/2002 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> > Actually, the current topic is about MIStrust and making unsubstantiated
> > attacks on someone's integrity.
>
>Records of ICANN meetings substantiate nothing?

by Rob.  The meeting notes do not substantiate nefarious behavior.

> > The responsibility for fixing that problem lies with the people making the
> > attacks.
>
>Not at all, if you are on the Board of an organization like ICANN. That is
>why ICANN has a COI policy. Why is it not being followed?

The fact that you are making the direct statement that it is not being
followed is a good indication that the problem lies with you and other
attackers.  You are assuming facts that have not been established.

>I've asked Milton. He just denied flat out in an email to me that he was
>involved with ANY org bid, precisely because he was on the org TF. So, now
>you go ask Blokzijl, right? I guess not.

Oh, well.  If Milton simply says a denial, then it must be true,
right?  And you all would be equally satisfied with a simple denial by Rob,
right?

Not.

>If anyone wonders why Dr. Mueller does not answer the allegations himself
>here: He finds it a waste of time to read posts by Dave Crocker. I think I
>will follow his example.

Indeed, it is far easier to ignore postings that undermine one's sense of
moral outrage, isn't it?

d/