[ncdnhc-discuss] Board conflict of interest on .org

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Fri May 17 16:50:02 CEST 2002

Lynn Hardy Blokzijl's employment with Neulevel ended
in April. That of course was after the Accra meeting,
so it has little bearing on the issue we are discussing:
how and why the Board modified the consensus criteria
for the .org redelegation in a way that served the interests
of Neulevel.

>>> Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> 05/17/02 08:19AM >>>
>At 01:13 PM 5/16/2002 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
>>I don't know what you are talking about. No facts have been
>>"corrected" - indeed, as more facts come out they look worse
>>and worse in terms of the conflict of interest charges. (I am
>>here referring to Byfield's perfectly valid point (a fact, by
>  >the way) that Lynn Hardy's background wa in bookselling
>>prior to being hired by Neulevel, which makes her recruitment
>>by them look even more suspicious.
>
>How about the FACT that she is not associated with NeuLevel?

You mean Milton is incorrect and Lynn Hardy/Blokzijl is not employed
by NeuLevel, she has no interest in the company?

If the rumor's wrong there's obviously no conflict of interest. And
if that's the case I'm sure all will apologize.

Thanks,

Adam

>And Byfield's efforts continue to focus on evaluating NeuLevel's
business
>acumen in their hiring decisions, rather than provide any insight
into
>ICANN processes or failure to conform to ICANN COI rules.
>
>In FACT there have been no facts at all provided about any claim of
>violation of ICANN COI rules.
>
>None.
>

>>   It won't work in the Auerbach lawsuit
>>and in this case, you just look ridiculous.
>
>My, but you really DO enjoy adding noise to a dialogue, don't you
Milton?