[ncdnhc-discuss] Board conflict of interest on .org

Barbara Simons simons at acm.org
Thu May 16 07:28:44 CEST 2002

Dear Dave,

I regret having to repeat myself, but I would be most upset to see you
accused of the kind of behavior of which you seem to be accusing others.  To
be precise, I sincerely hope that from now on you will refrain from
suggesting that others are engaged in slander or, to use the correct word,
libel.  (According to Webster's Dictionary, slander applies to the spoken,
as opposed to written, word).  I know that you have always been interested
in having a civil debate.  Surely you would agree that the use of a word
like slander is counterproductive and may even be viewed as incendiary.

I look forward to observing a polite discussion that avoids ad homonyms and
instead focuses on ICANN's conflict of interest policy and whether or not
Mr. Blokzijl should have recused himself from decisions relating to dot org.

Regards,
Barbara

[snip]