[ncdnhc-discuss] Internet is global=we need central planning

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Sat May 4 03:49:45 CEST 2002

Personally, I think a merely regional approach is unimaginative.  I'd like
to see some of the thinking that underlies the DNSO applied to the issue
of decentralization.  So, yes, I'd like national/regional devolution, but
in parallel to functional devolution.

So, let's have a commercial sector -- auction off a few TLDs.

A non-commercial sector (have a lottery among NGOs accredited to the UN
and/or some other well-recognized bodies)

Let's give a number of TLD naming/running rights to international treaty
bodies

And so on...

I want *real* *great* variety here....

P.S. Don't feed the trolls.

--
[Note: I killfile Cr*cker, JW*lliams, other noisemakers]

		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin at law.tm
                       -->It's cool here.<--