[ncdnhc-discuss] Internet is global=we need central planning

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Thu May 2 19:16:07 CEST 2002

Kent and Alejandro, If the terms of reference for the uniqueness committee
is that it cannot block a new TLD from operating, only the use of a specific
string,   it would not have the anticompetitive outcome you see now, and it
would be less interesting to those involved in abusing an otherwise
legitimate process.   Why waste your name trying to block competition when
you can only block the use of a particular string?

But if the board and staff want to argue that *only they* should make all of
these decisions, because every conceivable alternative won't work, I think
we get the idea.

Jamie