[ncdnhc-discuss] Internet is global=we need central planning

Alejandro Pisanty - DGSCA y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Thu May 2 05:30:24 CEST 2002

James,

> 1.  Do you believe I am making unrealistic proposals with regard to what can
> be decentralized, and what I concede might be centralized?

The degree to which you seem to think that some functions can be
decentralized appears unrealistic to me. As a prime example, gTLD policy.

OTOH it may be you are disregarding the degree of decentralization that
the DNSO represents from the start, though the divisions for
decentralization there may be less geographic and more functional. It
could also be that, not being on the receiving end of an active ccTLD yet,
you may not have had personal experience with the degree of
decentralization already present in the ccTLD environment. Please: I don't
mean these statements as ad hominem, just as shortcuts for advancing
dialogue.

> 2.  Is there any chance at all that the Committee on Reform will consider
> any proposals for decentralization of DNSO functions?

Yes. We are considering all proposals, particularly those sent (like
yours) to the Committee directly and publicly. In this particular point
the DNSO's own opinions will carry much weight.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty