[ncdnhc-discuss] Internet is global=we need central planning

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed May 1 17:49:25 CEST 2002

At 11:38 AM 5/1/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
>Well,  on this list, a few persons have put forward nice arguments that
>since the Internet is global, everything should be decided by a single
>global central planning agency.  Maybe we need to expand ICANN's mission a

or maybe we should just focus on the practical aspects of the issue at
hand, rather than wander down topics that are not relevant.

at the least, James, if you are going to attempt argument ad absurdum,
please try to invoke something that has at least a modicum of logical
relevance.

And if you are going to summarize someone's statements, you might try to be
accurate.  Or, perhaps, you are saying that the Internet is NOT global?

In case you do not understand how you summary was inaccurate, here is a
hint:  The question that was put forward was to ask how the "devolved"
structure provides anything that is simpler, more efficient, or more
fair.  That is not a matter of mission creep, James, it is a matter of
design quality for an administrative mechanism.

d/