[ncdnhc-discuss] ITU Response to TACD

Hill, Richard richard.hill at itu.int
Wed May 1 16:39:28 CEST 2002

Joe Crocker has written that ITU waives fees for non-profit organizations
"occasionally, not often."
There are currently 34 NGOs on our list, of which 32 have been exempted from
payment of membership fees.  I've already sent out the Word file with the
list a couple of times, anybody who wants it can E-Mail me and I'll be happy
to send it.
I don't know what Joe means when he says: "the ITU operation cannot sustain
mass administrative activities. It is not designed for it."
I fully agree with Joe's statement "when we fish around for an organization
to assign a task to, we need to pay attention to the current nature and
operation of that organization. We need to ask whether the task we have in
mind fits the tone of that organizations. This is not a matter of liking or
not liking a particular group. It is a matter of seeking assignments that
stand some chance of working well. "
Best,
Richard

Richard Hill