[ncdnhc-discuss] Board Positions on .ORG; Answers from V.Cerf -- full text

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Fri Mar 29 17:26:08 CET 2002

Kidding aside, I think you missed my point.  US law applies to US parties;
it doesn't apply to other people.  The UDRP is NOT supposed to be a
consistent set of rules: it allows as a defense that the domain was
registered for a lawful purpose.  That obviously differs from place to
place.  I use US examples because I know them.  My point is that this law
exists, in some form in each country, and whatever it is it can't simply
be overruled by the unilateral acts of a registry.