[ncdnhc-discuss] Conflict of interest

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Fri Mar 15 21:25:44 CET 2002

I'm sorry, but one further note on the hatch act: the general
restrictions (the ones that apply to general government employees) are:

Federal employees may NOT:

    - use official authority or influence to interfere with an election
    - solicit or discourage political activity of anyone
        with business before their agency
    - solicit or receive political contributions (may be
        done in certain limited situations by federal labor or other employee
        organizations)
    - be candidates for public office in partisan elections
    - engage in political activity while:
         0 on duty
         0 in a government office
         0 wearing an official uniform
         0 using a government vehicle
    - wear partisan political buttons on duty

Even if thse rules were directly translated to the ICANN context, my
case is a very long way from violating any of them -- I don't even have
an ICANN uniform (well, I have a couple of t-shirts -- but those are
available to anyone).

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
kent at songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain